Tuesday, December 29, 2015

A Year in Review (2015)

2015 has been one of the most difficult years of my life & I'm only 17 years old. Now that might be a big statement but it doesn't make it any less true. I have gone through a lot of rough patches this year but i try to learn from them and move forward, because isnt that what a new year for? Its for new beginnings and the start of something changing.

Now dont get me wrong i like that people set goals each year and try to achieve them. These are also known as new years resolutions but i have never been a big fan of them myself. Im never usually the one to make up goals to try to accomplish before the next year arrives, it almost seems too stressful and its a big commitment. However, everything in my life needs a change or a redo in my life and im ready. So this year i decided on 5 new years resolutions that i will work on throughout 2016 as a start to the rebuild of who i want to be. So heres to new beginnings:

1. My first resolution is to learn how to control my temper. My personality comes with a fuse box. Meaning its not very hard to get on my nerves, but this year i want to make it harder. I want to control my annoyance level for others. I want to learn to tolerate and build up my kindness towards strangers and friends.

2. My second goal is to write more. This year i have begun to realize i love to write and im finally sharing it with more and more people. Although, my writing is out there i want to share it even more! I want to write more whether it would be a blog post, a poem, or a whole novel. Heck i just want to get my pencil or pen to paper more often than i have this past year.

3. Learn to give back. I really have been sick this year and i really want to start giving back to those who help me so much in difficult times. This coming year im going to begin appreciating more and more the people that sacrifice and do the special things for me. Without those people i wouldnt be i am today and they need to be recognized for their amazingness.

4. Stress Less. This is going to become my new motto of 2016 because my stress level has been the highest this year its ever been. I really want to learn how to relax or maybe do yoga or something that makes me stress less. I just want to be able to balance school, volunteering, work, family, and friends without crying every second of the day. It is a lot but i want to get better at letting the little things go and to leave stress out the door!

5. Last but not least, to live a little more. This kinda goes with number 4 because to accomplish this i have to live a little more stress free. This goal mostly means to take risks and make the most adventures i can this coming year. I just want to keep making the next years fun. I want to be able to look back and say this was the best year of my life.

However, when i say that i want to continue to say it after every year passes. Every year needs to surpass the last year in some way or im living life the wrong way. We are supposed to move forward and not to move backwards.

Im hoping that 2016 brings something new to my life. Im ready for a change in ways i least expect it. With me going to college in the fall im waiting for my new life to begin. Im excited for what the year will bring. I made so many mistakes this past year and the new year will help me move past those mistakes and itll be time to make new ones!

Im very excited for the new year and dont worry guys i wrote down my new years resolutions so after the year is over ill make sure to let you know if i accomplished them all or not. I hope that your 2015 was the best year of your life and that this coming year makes you say the same thing because thats what its all about isnt it? Making each year the best no matter what :)
HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!



No comments:

Post a Comment