Thursday, December 1, 2016

Book Nook

Hey guys this next book that I'm gonna talk about is moving up on my favorites list. Honest to God, I could not put it down. I really loved it. It is called "Everland" by Wendy Spinale. The best way to describe it would be a twisted version of Peter Pan.

It is about a destructive captain named HOOK who bombs London and destroys what is left of it called "Everland." This virus called Hologia has spread and Hook stays in everland with his soldiers to try to find the cure because everyone is dying from it. So there are 3 kids: Gwen, Johanna, and Mikey and how they need to survive. Johanna gets kidnapped by the soldiers and HOOK and so Gwen needs to save her. So Pete and Bella find Gwen and help her out by giving them a place to live, The Lost City and help her try to save her sister.

I know that summary may have been sloppy but you need to trust me that the book is sooooo good. It has suspense, adventure, and beautiful relationships. I could not put the book down, I swear I read about 100+ pages in one sitting. Everyone needs to go to their local bookstore and pick it up.

The funny thing is that I probably would have never filtered toward this type of book in barnes and noble on my own, but I got this in a package for my birthday called OwlCrate. My friend signed me up for me and it is a monthly themed book package. The theme I got was dystopian and I thought I was screwed because they're not my favorite types, but I WAS WRONG. This book was amazing and has slowly moved up to my top 10 list. And that is not something to ignore.

Favorite Character: It is a tie between Gwen and Pete. Not only are they intertwined but they both have personality characteristics that I love. Gwen because she is brave and courageous and strong. Pete because he is sarcastic and loving and caring and also brave. These are qualities I hope to have one day and carry throughout my whole life.

Favorite Quotes: "The truth is much too painful."

"Survival becomes instinct and they lose what makes them, I don't know -- kids."

"A beauty that lies deeper than her appearance."

"Some things are worth risking everything for."

"It takes heart and strength, overcoming tragedy..."

"You don't have to see someone to know they're pretty. She could be uglier than a croc and still be pretty. She's nice, she smells of vanilla, and her voice is soothing. I think she's beautiful."

"I always thought the world couldn't hurt me if I was a machine."

"To die will be an awfully big adventure."










No comments:

Post a Comment