Saturday, December 3, 2016

An Open Letter to my Best Friend

Dear best friend,

As I sit here and write this I keep wondering how I got so lucky to get you as my best friend. There has been a lot of people in my life that haven't stayed around but you always have. You don't understand how much I appreciate you and your friendship.

You are filled with so much joy and love that it immediately is spread to everyone you meet. You have a smile that lights up a room & a heart too big for your tiny little body. You are a child of God that was brought to this earth to only do good things. You give strength to so many people including me. I'd be so lucky to become half the person you are.

You have stayed by me for some time now. 14 years is a really long time. You have seen me at my worst and been with me at my best. From early middle school days, to hospital beds, to cheering on the sidelines, you were always there. You believed in me when I didn't believe in myself. You loved me even when it was difficult. You held me when I cried and you listened to me when I just needed a friend. But most importantly, you never stopped being my best friend. You never gave up on me even when I was stubborn or being an idiot. You stuck around for 14 years.

You know me like the back of a hand. You know what I like and what I hate. You know how to make me feel better and put a smile on my face. You know when I need a shoulder to cry on or a friend to laugh with. You know my terrible sense of humor with hints of sarcasm and sass. You laugh at my stupid jokes and my idiotic side bars. You know me better than I know myself.

You have filled my last 14 years with complete and utter joy and beauty. You have given me memories I will never forget and will tell to my children one day. You have given me more love and care than any other friend I've ever come across. I know that as life goes on I won't see you as often but I know when I see you it'll be like nothing has changed. We will just pick things up where they were left.

No one can replace a person like you. You are a one of a kind human being that is a beautifully special woman and I'm just the lucky gal that got you as a friend. You will always be my best friend. I love you.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment