Thursday, December 15, 2016

Book Nook

NEW BOOK ALERT. This one is a comedy. It is comedian, actress, and all around good human Mindy Kaling's book "Why Not Me?" This is her second novel, but I have not read the first one.

This one though it is super funny and lovely. She is truly a funny person. I watched her play Kelly on the office and thought nothing of it until I started reading and fell in love. THE OFFICE SPOILER ALERT: Did you know she wrote the episode where Jim and Pam got married? I was so surprised in a good way. I thought that episode was so good and i loved that i could find out she wrote it by reading her book. That is one thing I adored about her novel, that she gave BTS about the show and other projects she has done.

Me personally my favorite chapters were the ones about Will. Will is a guy who worked with the president and I thought the way she talked about him was funny and sweet at the same time. Also my other favorite part is when she had a section of just emails of her being a latin teacher throwing a party, those were HILARIOUS.

Overall, her book made me like her more as a writer, comedian, and overall human being. She taught me many things whilst reading and I will carry them with me and I loved that.

I recommend this book for all you funny people who think you're comedy is actually funny when reality Mindy's is probably way better. Just wait... go read it.

Favorite Quotes: "What's so wrong with effort, anyway? It means you care."

"Haters are just more people paying attention to you."

"And as everyone knows, the best kind of laughter is laughter born of a shared memory."

"It was heartbreaking to be loved and left."

"but sometimes you like the idea of someone so much, you just want to do whatever it takes to make it work."

"What I'm asking for is not that much. I just want a boyfriend who is sweet and trustworthy. That's it."

"It is sad when your hopes and your abilities do not line up."

"If you've got it, flaunt it. And if you don't got it? Flaunt it. 'Cause what are we even doing here if we're not flaunting it?"

"What if I have nothing to say?"

"Because confidence is like respect; you have to earn it."

P.S Mindy if you read this if you want to come speak at my OU commencement ceremony in 2020 I'll put in a good word for you. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment