Friday, December 30, 2016

A Fresh Start: year in review 2016

Another year has gone by and so many things have happened. So since another year has passed I wanted to make a year in review post and it is very fitting because this will be by 100th post on this blog. It is crazy that I have written so much on this little blog and that people actually read it, it's kinda really cool. It has been a long 12 months of ups and downs and spins and circles. I will not lie that 2016 was a shitty year. I got cancer and I lost most of my ability to adventure and explore this year.

My senior year was torn to shreds and my physical and mental being was slowly deteriorating, but I couldn't do anything about it. I really do not want this post to be sad and depressing because not every part of 2016 was bad. Once my treatments were over a lot of good things happened such as; my sister got married, I met shane dawson, I went off to school, I turned 18, and I graduated high school. I did have good things happen to me, but all in all 2016 was a crazy year.

Enough about that. Last year I posted a year in review and made a list of resolutions and I am here to reflect to see if I succeed....

#1 resolution was to learn how to control my temper. Honestly I think I failed. Once I got sick I kinda couldn't help my emotions so I am keeping this as a resolution for 2017. Were gonna give it another shot.

#2 resolution was to write more and with that I think I succeed. I wrote down almost everyday so I could express my emotions and feelings. I even have a journal that has a prompt for everyday so you can write to that prompt, it has been nice. I am going to keep writing in 2017 and possibly try to create a new thing of my own. My friend Anna and I are trying to come up with a way we can have our own magazine and that will be my writing outlook this year and I can't wait to write more on this blog as well as other things.

#3 resolution was to give back and I think other people did better at it than I did because I was so sick. All of the people in my life stopped theirs to give back to me when I needed it so now it's time to return the favor in 2017.

#4 resolution was to stress less and I think I failed at this one the most. Honestly, since I started college stress has been my middle name from living on my own to not knowing what the hell I wanna do in the future, school has been crazy. This goal will be pursued again and again until I can be better at controlling it.

And lastly #5 resolution was to live a little more and I think I'm deciding to officially make this an ongoing goal, it will never end and probably never be reached. Every year I will try to live a little more by being spontaneous and more outgoing and to always be up for an adventure. I will never not have this as a new goal for my life. You should do this too.

Even though my 2016 wasn't the best year I hope that it was for you. I remember in my 2015 post I said every year should be your best year and I think that's still true. 2016 for me ended on a higher note than it started and I'm okay with that. I am over what happened to me, it happened and now I am moving on. Yes it will affect me from years to come, but my life will get better, YOUR life will get better. I promise you and I'm promising myself.

2016 was kind of a shitty year for the world and that's okay because that is what a new year is for, starting over and getting a fresh start. I hope that is what you all try to do in 2017, I know that is what I'll be doing.

So for 2017 I am only adding one new resolution to my ongoing ones and it is KEEP THE FAITH. I need to believe in myself and my abilities and to always have hope in the new year. I am going in with a new light and I am so excited.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.. I love you all and I hope you find what you are looking for in the new year. 2017 is gonna be a good one I can feel it. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment