Monday, October 17, 2016

Book Nook

You guys it seems lately I have had more time to read books and it makes me oh so very happy! This book was one of those that i couldn't and wouldn't put down. It was one of those soft romance novels that sorta are predictable, but they always have a twist. To me they truly never get old.

The book this time round is, "A Totally Awkward Love Story" by Lucy Ivison and Tom Ellen. I was very curious on why there were 2 authors but I was answered at the end of the novel, in the back of the book. Lucy and Tom happened to have been a couple in high school and now are still really good friends. So they decided to collaborate on a book and recreate their high school romance with the characters of Sam and Hannah. Lucy wrote Hannah's parts in the novel and Tom wrote Sams. I thought that it was so clever because you truly get two different perspectives on the characters, since they were written by two different people. Neat!

This book had me reading soooo fast. The chapters were on the long side, but i felt like they were over in 5 minutes. Every page had something exciting it whether it was good news or bad news for the characters. Sam and Hannah have never met until they bump into each other at a party and it feels like they found their 'lobster.' Let me explain.

Apparently Lobsters mate for life. So when they say "I found my lobster" it basically means i found the person i want to be with forever. Its ironic because i recently just finished the show Friends and phoebe, one of the characters, says that about Ross and Rachael and I'll never forget it. I thought it was so quirky and cute to have that in there as an ongoing theme.

Please pick up this book whenever and where ever you can! It is a quaint little novel filled with awkward romance that you yourself will fall in love with.

Favorite Character: This was a tough one. As i was reading i was trying to decide who i would write for this part of the blog. I decided on Hannah because she reminds me so much of myself. A nerdy girl who cares about grades, books, and if she'll ever find love. It is amazing how much i connected with her throughout the novel.

Favorite Quotes: "Maybe nothing feels that epic when you're actually living it."

"I hate it that now people are constantly expecting me to have become something. And like I'm a failure because I just haven't."

"I think loving someone because they love you is selfish, I went on. It's spineless. It's like only admitting you want someone once you know they want you."

"I miss the times when it was acceptable to like music on the charts." THIS IS SO TRUE. What happened to that??!!

"Maybe friendships actually end when neither of you has anything to say anymore."

"The bigger the obstacles, the more you're meant to be together, I reckon."

"I'm sorry I got mad. Life just feels so hard.
Sometimes it is."

"It's weird to think of my room being empty when I go. Of things getting dusty. Everyone says you shouldn't go home in the first semester because it makes you homesick. When I come back at Christmas and climb into my bed I will be different. I will have changed. It should be exciting, but it makes me scared. Like I want stasis. Everything to freeze. I don't want to forget how I feel now."

"I don't understand why parents do this. I've already let myself down -- do I really need the burden of knowing I've let someone else down too?"

"If I had no future, why should I worry about the present?"


No comments:

Post a Comment