Thursday, October 6, 2016

An Open Letter to the Person Who Just Got Diagnosed With Cancer

Hello and let me start off by saying I am so sorry. This is the shittiest situation that could ever come upon a person and you are the one chosen by some other higher being to go through this hell.

I got diagnosed just like you back in 2016 and it sucked so bad. I'm not going to lie to you or try to make you have pity on yourself because that is not going to get you through this. Getting cancer was the worst news of my whole entire life and I am only 18. I would always see those commercials on TV about childhood cancer and say I am glad I am not them and now look at me.

No matter what I said or did I couldn't have stopped it from coming and neither could you, especially if it isn't genetic. I feel your pain and the hell you will have to endure for the next 6 months of your life. You have to put your whole life on hold just for this bitch to push its way through and take over your body.

Again I am not going to lie to you one bit because through this process you are gonna be told some brutishly harsh news that you are not going to like. For one this is going to be FAR from easy and something you are going to have to fight through no matter the trials and tribulations that come along with it.

Do not be scared of the chemo or radiation, It is all to make you get better. Yes, there are some side effects that suck really bad but its all to help you so you must push through no matter what. You will be puking a lot in the middle of the night, lose sleep and lose your hair, and getting many pokes and pricks.

Therapy is your best friend. Talk to someone, paint something, pet something, read something. Do anything that will calm you or distract you throughout all this. It will make such a big difference in whether you have a good day or a bad one.

Don't be afraid to cry it is the most natural reaction to this situation, I cried of anger and sadness. Questioning so many higher beings and asking them why was it me. So cry or punch a pillow, slap something, scream. Do anything to express how you feel even if it is destructive.

It is so scary and no one else knows what you are going through except you. Do not let all the baggage that comes with this awful disease to weigh you down. Do not let it shut out your family or friends or your normalness. Do not let it drag your personality and humor into the ground with it either, Try to be as connected with people who love you as much as possible.

On the days you want to give up (and trust me there will be plenty of them) DO NOT DO IT! I am serious they're are so many people that care and love you that if you were to just let something like this to destroy you, you will regret it.

Lastly, I may not know who you are but i know exactly what this feels like and you can contact me if you want: email: osburn.haley@yahoo.com Also i believe in you so much. I know you are going to have all the strength in the entire world to get through all this bullshit. It is just a bump in the roller coaster of life and eventually you'll be off this ride and on to a better one. Never give up on yourself ever. Every single person is rooting for you.

I love you and I will see you in 6 months cancer free. Good Luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment