Friday, October 14, 2016

Book Nook

Guys this book has been raved about for MONTHS AND MONTHS and i finally read it! It is "Milk and Honey" by Rupi Kaur. It is such a heart wrenching book or poems. The poems are divided into 4 parts: The loving, the breaking, the hurting, and the healing. Each section is heartbreaking but also healing.

It is awesome because the author wrote these poems based on her own experience, which is so brave and courageous and I love her for that. I don't know if i could post a whole book of poems based on my worst relationship experiences.

My favorite section was probably "The Healing" because it makes the book come full circle and after all the tears the early chapters made you cry, you get to smile and realize everything is gonna be okay.

I recommend this book for anyone going through hard times and wants a friend and someone who understands what they are going through. GO GET IT!

A lot of poems are SOOOOO good i cant put them all in this post. So here is some of my favorites i decided to share with you:

"i do not want to have you
to fill the empty parts of me
i want to be full on my own
i want to be so complete
i could light a whole city
and then
i want to have you
cause the two of us combined
could set it on fire"

"i didn't leave because
i stopped loving you
i left because the longer
i stayed the less
i loved myself"

"i don't know why
i split myself open
for others knowing
sewing myself up
hurts this much
afterward"

xoxo haley


No comments:

Post a Comment