Friday, June 5, 2015

Turn the Page!

Hey guys, another book review hitting you in 3...2...1...!

This time the book is "Before I Fall" by Lauren Oliver. While i was reading this book everyone was asking me if it was good and if it was worth the read and of course i told them yes! It is so worth the frustration, sadness, and laughter it caused me! This novel is a girl named Sam who tragically dies in a car accident, but the twist is she relives that day over 7 times. Each chapter deals with a different day and how she tries to fix something she believe will change her fate. This book made me so frustrated, but it was so worth the read. I recommend this to everybody, go go go!

FAVORITE CHARACTER: Kent. He is the cutest boy i have ever read about. He is shy and adorable and just wants Sam to like him and i think its the cutest thing ever. Again, like every other fictional character i read about, i wish he was real! Youll root for kent too when you read it.

Favorite quotes: "Nobody ever said life was fair."

"Its like high school holds two different worlds, revolving around each other and never touching: the haves and the have-nots. I guess its a good thing. High school is supposed to prepare you for the real world, after all."

"If you repeat something enough, you can almost make yourself believe it."

"A good friend keeps your secrets for you. A best friend helps you keep your own secrets."

"Heres another thing to remember: hope keeps you alive. Even when youre dead, its the only thing that keeps you alive."

"You'd be surprised at how easy it is to bust out of orbit, to spin out to a place where no one can touch you. To lose yourself-- to get lost."

"How is it possible, i think, to change so much and not be able to change anything at all?"

"Everyone can be fixed; it has to be that way, its the only thing that makes sense."

"I could never be good enough for him. Even if I lived the same day to infinity, i could never be good enough."

"Im not scared, if thats what youre wondering. The moment of death is full of sound and warmth and light, so much light it fills me, absorbs me: a tunnel of light shooting away, arcing up and up and up, and if singing were a feeling it would be this, this light, this lifting, like laughing....

The rest of you have to find out yourself."

P.s guys if you have any suggestions on books I should read, let me know!! My bookshelf is getting pretty low! Thanks guys :))




No comments:

Post a Comment