Monday, June 29, 2015

Leesville

Hey guys this past weekend i grabbed my friend Jess and we headed down to my families cottage down by Leesville Lake in Ohio. Jess had never been, but my family and i have been going for years (i wasnt even a month old when i started going).

The car ride down there was super quick and very interesting. This included jess and i whipping out my selfie stick and getting weird...

After we stayed in the cars for two and half hours we lost cell service and all things that was part of civilization. We had to use the bathroom outside and showering wasnt available. We were roughing it but thats why its so fun. Cooking food over a fire is 110% more delicious than the microwave for sure, As soon as we arrived the clouds gave us a feeling it would be raining very soon so jess and i had my dad help us set up my brand new tent. It was surprisingly cozy and warm. A great way for jess and i to hang out. 





Night one sleeping in the tent was only rough because of the constant downpour for hours on top of our thin layered tent. We stayed dry, but the sound was far from comforting, I think jess and i both woke up about 5 times during the night because of the pesky sound of splattering rain. Therefore that morning jess and i had to pee so we used ponchos and peed in the pouring rain, if that aint adventurous i dont know what is. 



jess sandwich! (friend jess on left and sister jess on right) 


When day 2 came we woke up and had some delicious bacon and sausage and then the day was starting. Jess and i played the card game of 'war' and 'slap jack', both stressful and both ending before they were finsihed. Then later we played the card game 'golf' and one of my new favorite games. 'scategories'. I enjoyed playing board games while the rain held off all day. Jess and i also decided to go on a small walk that ended up including and interesting photoshoot and some weird dance moves.




Luckily all day Saturday it didnt rain we had a huge fire and a delicious dinner. We went to bed earlier that night because we were extra tired from the long day and the lack of sleep the previous night. However, as soon as we went to bed the rain started to pick up but it definitely less rain then the previous night and both jess and i got a great night of sleep. 

The next morning was sunday and that was the day we were leaving. We woke up around 11 and we ate some breakfast and started to pack up. However, we decided to take a break and do something else. So all 5 of us (my dad, both jess', my sisters bf josh, and me) played apples to apples and then my dad went to go clean up the fire pit and do other things while the rest of us played rummy. We had a lot of fun but we eventually had to leave. It was a lot of fun and coming back to this place always makes me happy :)  I cant wait to come back this place has inspired me for many years and i hope it inspires jess as well.

By the way if you want to see this experience in live action click here for my youtube video and give it a thumbs up! WATCH HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment