Sunday, June 21, 2015

Dear Nobody,

Today is book review that is absolutely heart breaking & sad. The book is "Dear Nobody: The True Diary of Mary Rose".

This is an unbelievable novel. I was first attracted to it while I was doing my weekly visit to Barnes and Nobles and the title caught my eye. I feel in love with the cover and what the book was about. This novel is about a young girl named Mary Rose who has been dealt a shitty hand of cards in her life & tries to use them the only way she knows how. This could be with drugs or drinking because that is a big part of the book. She is a very lonely girl that uses those substances to numb the pain. She has had a very rough life and I feel her throughout the whole book. 

I honestly couldn't stop being sad through the whole novel. It made me tear up more than once. It is a heartbreaking story of a girl who tries to overcome illness and the pain of loneliness. 

This a great book for anyone who had lost a love one, who has issues with family, drugs, alcohol, etc, or for anyone who feels alone in the world. Mary Rose started every journal entry with 'Dear Nobody', implying the fact she believed no one cared enough l read them, but here we are reading her pain and her story today. Please go pick up this book you will not regret it.  

FAVORITE CHARACTER: Hayley, she is a friend of Mary Rose that she is constantly writing letters to. In the book it is very difficult to keep track of the characters and who is who but Hayley was constant and that's what I liked. She might not have physically been in the story, but that fact that Mary Rose believed wholeheartedly that Hayley was her best friend was amazing. Hayley helped Mary Rose feel less alone and that's sometimes all people are asking for. 

Also just know if you are dealing with any of these situations I am always here and people care for you even if you can't see it. People cared for Mary Rose and she didn't see it, but people care for you and I hope you know it. 

Favorite quotes: "Sometimes I just get so bored of emotions. I just get so bored of everything and I wonder if I'll ever be myself again."

"That's why it's called a crush. More often than not, I get crushed." 

"Something or someone can be torn from you so fast."

"Hearing his voice was like hearing a song that you once thought was so beautiful and special that when you hear it again, you forget why you ever stopped listening to it in the first place." 

"How could my life have gotten so screwed up?" 

"I love everything in you-- that would be destructive to love in myself."

"I can't decided if it's because I like releasing thoughts from my cluttered head, or because I just like the way the pen feels gliding along the paper?"

"Busy lives have more inspiration."

"Love is the creator of hate and the daughter of disappointment, as no two people could hurt each other more than two people in love." 

"No human can live up to the capacity of loves expectations." 

"Everything I did reminded me that I was dying." 

"We all felt that way before. We've felt enough despair, enough guilt-- even just physical pain. So many reasons to do it. But we aren't built that way. We've become machines. We're used to the pain."












No comments:

Post a Comment