Monday, May 18, 2015

Turn the page!

hey guys I know I know, you might have become sick of book reviews because I'm putting them out so quickly. But don't get stressed out I'm just helping you find new novels to dig into.

This review is a book called "The Geography of You and Me" by Jennifer E. Smith. This book is a romance novel (big shocker haha), but it's still cute and funny. It isn't my favorite, but I totally enjoyed it. The book is about a girl named Lucy and a boy named Owen, they get stuck in a elevator in a city wide blackout. They feel a connection, but now there both moving across the world. They have to find out if their connection is something more or just to move on. It's a very interesting storyline and a cute way to write it. I think Smith does a cute thing where some of the chapters start of by saying which each person is doing on the opposite side of the world. I recommend this book for anyone looking for a short, quick read. 

FAVORITE CHARACTER: My favorite character in this one has to be Owen. I feel him throughout the story and understand what he is going through. I pull for him through the whole story and root him on. I do get annoyed at one part he does, but it was a minor detail that was overidden by his charm and humor. 

Favorite quotes: "That was the thing about books, she was realizing; they could take you somewhere else entirel, it was true. But it wasn't the same thing as actually going there yourself." 

"... and then it struck her as the truest form of kindness, the most basic sort of love: to be worried about the one who was worrying about you." 


No comments:

Post a Comment