Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Turn the page!

^ new title!! (Thought I'd change it up) Hey guys I don't know what it is, but books these days are getting juicer and juicer. I've read around 3 books in less than 2 weeks they have been so good. This time the book I will be reviewing is called "The Catastrophic History of You and Me" by Jess Rothenburg.

Guys I don't think you understand how much I loved this book. I'm putting it in my top 5 best books I'm ever read and that's pretty intense cause I've read a lot of good books. If you need to read a book or are in the market for one, here it is! I have saved you because you won't regret picking this one up!
This book is so unique, it starts off with the main character, Brie, already dead! Oooo I know it's a little twisted. Brie is already dead and the whole book takes place in the afterlife and that's why I find this novel so fascinating. It is very different. She meets a boy named Patrick there and they go on adventures and Brie goes through her own 5 stages of grief even though she is the one who died. This book is so amazing I recommend it a million times over and over again. I really do think anyone would enjoy this book even if you hate romance or anything like that.

I've decided to add a new segment to book reviews..... FAVORITE CHARACTER!! I think it would be interesting for you guys to know who I loved in the book versus who you loved!
So my favorite character was Patrick! He is the boy Brie meets in the after life and he is my fav. He reminds me of myself making punny jokes and being a sassy dude. I loved him so much cause of his heart and his spice that made the novel even better.

I have a lot so here they are,
Favorite quotes:"The problem is, there is absolutely nothing 'fun' about falling in love. Nope. Mostly it just makes you feel sick and crazy and anxious and nervous that its going to end miserably and ruin your whole life. And guess what: Then it does."

"Because the moment i sat up and realized i was gone, i wouldve done anything-- no, everything-- for a second chance."

"You can obsess and obsess over how things ended-- what you did wrong or could have done differently-- but theres not much of a point. Its not like itll change anything. So really, why worry?"

"Maybe he hurt me because he was afraid id hurt him first."

"I bet, once upon a time, you made someone really, really happy."

"Love is such a complete and total crock."

"Hell is when the people you love the most reach right into your soul and rip it out of you. And they do it because they can."

"But the sort of sucky thing is, time doesnt necessarily heal all wounds."

"He took your sweet, funny, perfect heart... and he destroyed it. Why do you keep letting him do it to you over and over again?"

"But heres the secret about the big flash. it doesnt exist. nope. its actually much simpler than that. Step one: youre here. Step two: youre not. Then its lights off forever/ A scary thought, i know. Believe me, i used to be afraid of the dark."

"Life was long, but death was longer."

"Just believe me when i say, there is nothing worse in this universe than wanting someone who doesnt want you back."

"You dont know the first thing about pain or loneliness. But you will. Youll see what it feels like to have everyone in the whole world forget about you like you were never even there in the first place. Youll see what it feels like to have nobody."

"God, i was so sick of feeling. So sick of hurting."

"Love is about loving someone else more than you love yourself."

"But i suppose my main point here is that as parents, we should all be talking to our children more often about how they feel. About whats really happening in their lives. And we should be listening."

"Because i was really, really sick of being in the dark. I was really, really sick of feeling sad and lonely and like something inside of me was missing."

"I guess sometimes remembering hurts too much."

"In the midst of happiness or despair in sorrow or in joy in pleasure or in pain: Do what is right and you will be at peace. In life there is no greater gift than peace, except love. May you always have love."

Told ya :) happy reading everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment