Thursday, September 15, 2016

Missing Home

Like i said before i am a current freshmen at Ohio University. I am currently staying on campus in Athens Ohio by myself, which happens to be an hour and some minutes away from my actual home in Columbus. This all means that i am on my own out in the world that is college. I know college isn't everyone's cup of tea or everyone's top choice, but i actually enjoy it. I enjoy the atmosphere and the aesthetic of it as well. Although college is solid i miss home.

I am not going to lie to anyone because thats not who i am. I miss home. I miss the sound of mom and dad when they would get home from work. I miss my cats the way they would snuggle up against me when i got home from school. I miss home cooked meals. I miss the way my bed feels after a long day. I miss the quietness of my own personal room. I miss everything.

I'm not trying to sound sad or depressed or anything of the sorts, but Its all true. I cant help that when im in my dorm room sometimes the walls seem to become small and i look around and truly realize im by myself. Its such a hard transition to go through, from being the baby of the family to a young adult that lives far from home.

No matter how many times i talk to my friends or parents i cant help but think about them ALL THE TIME. I guess old habits die hard?

Luckily i have one close friend on campus with me that makes me feel home, but i miss everyone else. My sister is also pretty close to me which allows me to escape for a couple of days.

No matter what i will always miss my friends and family. They believe in me in every type of way and it sucks to not have that physical support with you 24/7.

I guess that is what college is all about though, branching out and finding your new family. One you can hold just as close as you do to your other family.

I believe that i will be okay, itll just take a little more time than i figured. I just gotta get out there and find a new hobby instead of moping in my room all the time.

Dont get me wrong i love OU it is my new home i just miss the people that make me feel like im home all the time :)

xoxoxo

p.s you know who you are ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment