Friday, September 30, 2016

Book Nook

HEY GUYS! I am super excited to write this blog post because I have seen this book on tumblr and just all over the internet. It is "The Diary of an Oxygen Theif" by Anonymous. I think this interested me because it does not have a authors name! I think whoever wrote it really wanted their stories out there but he didnt want them to know it was him, if that even makes any sense? ANYWHO, it was such a good book.

Actually, If i had to use one word to describe this book itd be a heartbreak, It is about an Irish dude who likes to hurt girls. Not physically but in heart breaking. He had his heart broken once pretty badly by a girl so he decided to do it to all the girls he decides to date.

THEE the most interesting part of this novel is that the author knows you are reading the book. In many ways it is like you are having a conversation with the actual author of the novel. It is very interesting to read it when it is written in that way.

It definitely is not one of my favorite novels just because it is written in a way that is a little confusing because it goes so of course sometimes. Also there is only 3 chapters in 151 pages, so there is no easy way to pause and come back to the story. However, the book is very lovely. It may be strange and somewhat uncomfortable, the author puts you in that position and nails some of the emotions on the head. I recommend for sure!! :)

Favorite Quotes: "Because that is what I feared most: the fact that i was losing her." 

"Romance has killed more people than cancer. Okay, maybe not killed, but dulled more lives. Removed more hope, sold more medication, caused more tears."

"We are not punished for our sins, we are punished by them."

"I suppose some people would say I was suffering from a broken heart. Or you might say it's just life." 

"..life is random and therefore everything that happens has no meaning or structure; it just happens or doesn't."


No comments:

Post a Comment