Friday, October 9, 2015

What's on my Book Shelf..?

Guys check out the new title ;) I just get so bored of the book titles I have to switch it up every so often. Let me know what ya think?!

Anyway, on to the book review! Today's book is called "Leaving Time" by Jodi Picoult. Picoult wrote one of my favorite books, which was also my very first book review on this blog *sheds a tear*, "My Sisters Keeper." So since she wrote one of my fav books I wanted to see if she could write something just as good twice. Honestly, she can. This book "Leaving Time" was so interesting. I've learned so much from this mystery novel. This is a book that you want to keep reading and never put it down.

This book is about a girl named Jenna trying to reopen her mothers case of disappearance, but the catch is it's been 10 years since it happened. This book has a plot twist that I am not telling you, because that would be dumb of me. Now listen, this book has a lot of information on elephants and weird things on animals but that is okay because it is over written by the intensity of the story. Please go pick of this book or at least read something written by Jodi Picoult. She is great author and really knows how to write a story.

FAVORITE CHARACTER: honestly, I'm not sure if I have one. I liked most of the characters equally. None really stuck out to me just because there was so many I never got the chance to really learn to love one person. If any of you get the chance to read it let me know if you agree or disagree.

Favorite Quotes: "The moral of the story is that no matter how much we try, no matter how much we want it.... some stories just don't have a happy ending."

"I'm the princess in an ivory tower, except every brick is made of history, and I built this prison myself."

"I wonder if, as you get older, you stop missing people so fiercely. Maybe growing up is just focusing on what you've got, instead of what you don't."

"Rage often brings out the real person."

"Elephants don't have that hope, only the memories of this life. Maybe that's why it is easier for them to move on."

"Death is so final. So done."

"If you think about someone you've loved and lost, you are already with them. The rest is just details."

"well, because when you desperately want to believe somethings true, you can convince yourself of just about anything."

"If your life sucks completely, sometimes its easier to start over."

"I stopped trying to figure out why humans do what they do a long time ago."

"Thats all a human life is, really-- a do-over, a chance to get it right... or youll be brought be back to try again."

"A bruise is how the body remembers its been wronged."

"It is why i dont like to close my eyes, because when you do, people disappear. And if people disappear, you dont know for sure that they are coming back."

Alright be ready for the next book and until then start reading!! xoxo - idontknow



No comments:

Post a Comment