Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Whatcha Reading!!

hey guys I have finally finished a new book! This one was a long read and that's why you had to wait a couple weeks for the book review. 

Today's review is "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen. This book was a pretty long one, but it was still a good read. It was about a young boy Jacob who runs away to join the circus. Every couple of chapters it flips between his young self and his circus shenanigans and his elder self at a nursing home. I really enjoyed the way the book was written. It had a lot of action, yet including some romance here and there. It's ovibously not my favorite book, but I still enjoyed it. The book was intense and the ending was happy. I honestly heard about this book back in 2009 and I never wanted to read it, it looked long and unappealing. Then I got it from my friend and I was more intrigued as a 16 year old rather than a 10 year old. I picked up the book and began reading and for awhile I couldn't put it down, but then I stopped for awhile. It got slow at one point but I kept pushing through. If I would've stopped, I would've regretted it. I love this book and it's awesome, but it's also banned! Apparently this book is banned in some places and that I didn't know (it didn't stop me). Now if it's banned where you try not to get in trouble, but definitely figure out a way to read it. You won't regret it!! 
Happy reading everyone! Xoxox - I don't know 

Favorite quote: "That's the reality of getting old, and I guess thats the crux of the matter. I'm not ready to be old yet."

Ps. Is the movie any good? Let me know down in the comments! Thanks guys :)


No comments:

Post a Comment