Sunday, March 1, 2015

Whatcha Reading!

Book review #2 is coming at you, right here, right now! This time the book is "This Beautiful Life" by Helen Schulman. This book is about an 8th grade boy, Jake, receiving a flashy video from a secret admirer (Daisy). He sends the video and all chaos breaks lose. It is the story of the family and Jakes struggle after the incident. 

I really did enjoy this book. My friend gave it to me and at first I was put off. I'm usually the one to go for romance, but this was a nice change. The beginning is very slow and then it hits YA! So don't put the book down until you're done. It's a solid read and a quick one. I'm recommending to anyone who likes a good laugh and some suspense. 

My favorite quote: "He'd lost his life when he was awake, and now his nights were worse." 


1 comment:

  1. Such a great blog! I read it everyday! Thanks for giving me stuff to read during class

    ReplyDelete