Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Face your fear

Hey guys this isn't one of my usual posts, but Ive been thinking about a lot of things lately and this is the only place I feel safe to write. (This is in replacement of tunes Tuesday)

I've been thinking a lot about fear. Fear is something not everyone can conquer, yet fear is not impossible. Everyone is afraid of something whether it be spiders or falling in love. Everyone also reacts differently to their own fears, some never face it and some learn to live with their fear.

I believe this to be one of the hardest things of human existence, conquering your fears. It takes a lot of guts to accomplish what you're afraid of. Even I'm afraid of overcoming the things I'm scared of. I'm only a junior and I feel like sometimes I'm too afraid. Being this young I assume that I could live life without fear, this is the farest from the truth. Many people, including me, are too afraid. We don't live life in the now, we are too worried about the outcome and sometimes thats not always the best choice.

"Fear doesn't shut you down, it wakes you up." This quote isn't always true, but it should be. Our fears and anxieties shouldn't shut us down, they should wake us up. We should overcome what we all fear. These next weeks I'm going to overcome my fear of failure. I hate the idea that im not going to make it in life and grades are what gets me by. It gives me anxiety and these next few weeks I'll face my fear.

So what's your fear? Let me know in the comments and in the next few weeks try to face your fear and live life in the now.

"Fight your fears and you'll be in battle forever. Face your fears and you'll be free forever" - Lucas Johnkman

xoxoxo - I don't know

No comments:

Post a Comment