Friday, March 23, 2018

Book Nook

You guys this next book had me in my feelings. It is a poem book with 4 parts by none other Rupi Kaur. It is called, "The Sun and Her Flowers" and it made me feel so many emotions.

I read her first poem book and that was good, but this one man. Some of these poems LITERALLY hit me so hard I closed the book and thought about it for like 20 minutes. I couldn't stop reading them over and over again. I was praising her for writing such honest and beautifully raw words. I am sure it wasn't easy to write what she did. I couldn't imagine re experiencing these emotions while she was writing, it is tragic and beautiful and amazing. I am in awe at how honest these got. I know her first book was similar in style with 4 different parts that represent a time in her life and how she felt, BUT DAMN! Rupi came out with a better poem book that literally took my breath away.

I am sorry, but you have to read this book. It is too pure and honest for you not to read it. I aspire to be as brave and write as beautifully as her, honestly.

I felt like I needed to share some of my favorite poems from the book because they are too good.. so continue reading :)


Here are some of my favorites I couldn't resist sharing! Sorry some of them are hard to read (Try zoom).

damn
AIN'T THIS THE TRUTH?! PREACH
live life to the fullest and stop worrying guys
the last half of this page she is preaching baby!
this isn't the whole poem, but "art of growing" was one of my all time favorites from the whole book
i felt this one 
what beautiful irony?!
I FELT THIS SO MUCH
more love, less hate
stop competing with others, especially siblings. They are not you.
men ain't shit, love yourself and love the world
xoxo haley <3




No comments:

Post a Comment