Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Book Nook

YOU GUYS THIS BOOK I'M ABOUT TO REVIEW IS ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS I HAVE EVER READ. It is probably in my top 5 or 10. It is "Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda" by Becky Albertalli. You guys have probably heard of the movie, "Love, Simon" and this was the book it was based off of.

I saw the trailer for the movie and I immediately was like, "I need to see this," so I wanted to read the book before I saw the movie, just because that is who I am. So I picked it up in the book store and I read that ish fast. The last half of the book made me stay up till 2 am to finish the entire book. The whole thing is such a funny, inspiring, loving story. If you don't know the story, it is about a boy named Simon who is a closeted gay kid at his school. He sees something on the internet about another gay boy at his school and he emails him. They go back and forth and in a way fall in love through the internet, but neither of them know the true identity of each other. IT IS SO GOOD!

This topic is so relveant in our society right now. We have to open the door to LGBTQ rights and give them things that straight people have all the time, a romance about them. I support all LGBTQ people and their stories. This book and movie will and is already helping so many people feel less lonely, special, and feel included. I really love this so much. I cannot wait to see the movie.

However, this post is about the book. The book is amazing, the characters are perfect, and the story is just written so beautifully. Not to mention it is FRIGGIN hilarious!! Also, just because this book has an LGTBQ protagonist, that doesn't mean other people who aren't like that cannot relate. There are some things in this book I totally related to even though I am not apart of the LGTBQ group.

Favorite Character: When you read this book you cannot fall in love with Simon, it'll just happen. I also have a weird connection to Leah, because her personality reminds me of myself. For example, she is sassy and sarcastic, which are basically my two descriptors of myself. However, Simon is someone that I wanna be best friends with and know in my real life right now.

Favorite Quotes: "I hate listening to stuff through the speakers of my phone, but music is always better than no music."

"I take a sip of my beer, and it's- I mean, it's just astonishing disgusting. I don't think I was expecting it to taste like ice cream, but holy fucking hell. People lie and get fake IDs and sneak into bars, and for this? I honestly think I'd rather make out with Bieber. The Dog. Or Justin."

"Do you ever feel locked into yourself? I'm not sure if I'm making sense here. I guess what I mean is that sometimes it seems like everyone knows who I am except me."

"I'm just so sick of straight people who can't get their shit together."

"White shouldn't be the default any more than straight should be the default. There shouldn't even be a default."

THESE ARE SO IMPORTANT! LOVE YOURSELF AND LOVE EACH OTHER <3

XOXOXOXOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment