Saturday, August 26, 2017

Book Nook

Hey guys new book for ya! I know it's only a few days after the last review but WHO CARES! More books for your reading pleasure. Today's book is "Yes Please!" by Amy Poehler. Amy Poehler is one of my favorite female comedians and actresses. She stars in one of my all time favorite tv shows, "Parks and Recreation." \

This book is a memoir of her life. It includes how she got into improv, SNL, and her parks and rec days. I love to read about people I love, so I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It made me laugh out loud and smile ear to ear. I think being a comedian helps out in not making a book all about you so dry. Because it certain memoirs it can get that way, but this one wasn't like that at all. It kept me interested throughout the whole book.

I learned about the BTS of one of the funniest improv shows, SNL and about my favorite tv shows. Did you know that in Parks and Rec the character played by Chris Pratt, Andy Dwyer, was only supposed to be in 6 episodes total. He ended up being in all of the seasons in almost EVERY EPISODE. HOW COOL IS THAT?! I never knew that and tbh if the character of Andy wasn't in the show I don't think I'd like it as much as I do.

If you enjoy a good laugh and some comedy and knowing the ins and outs of shows and tv then this is the book for you!!! Go pick up a copy today, if you dare >:)

Favorite Quotes: "Don't think. Get out of your head. Stop planning and just go."

"Emotions are like passing storms, and you have to remind yourself that it won't rain forever."

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"That is the key to time travel. You have to be where you are to get where you need to go."




No comments:

Post a Comment