Saturday, November 11, 2017

Book Nook

You guys I feel like every time I get on here it has been forever. I feel terrible I haven't written, but I swear I have an excuse! I am currently in the midst of writing a novel.. oh snap, i know. Don't get too excited because it may not ever be public, but we will have to wait and see.

Anyway, on to what this post is about. I finally read a new book! It is "Zac and Mia" by A.J Betts. This book is about Zac and Mia, duh! But, these kids are both diagnosed with cancer. They are being treated at the same hospital in the rooms next to each other. They never talk until Mia runs away from the hospital and somehow ends up with Zac.

If I tell you anymore it'll spoil it, so looks like you're going to have to go read it for yourselves.

I loved this book. It was cute and happy even when it was based around such a sensitive and serious topic. It was lighthearted and serious at the same time, which is not always easy in writing. I loved the way this book was put together. The first half was all in Zac's perspective and then in the middle it was both of them. Lastly, in the final chapters it was Mia's perspective. They were split up like that to reassemble the title which I thought was extremely clever.

Favorite Character: I honestly have no idea. There isn't many characters in this book that you get to know deeply. But between Zac and Mia I can't choose. I see myself in both of them. Mia is very bull headed and wants to be extremely independent. Zac is logical and funny. I can't choose, it would hurt to much to pick one over the other.

Favorite Quotes: "Life doesn't favor the curious."

"Perhaps courage is simply this: spur-of-the-moment acts when your head screams don't but your body does it anyway."

"Courage is standing still even though you want to run. Courage is planting yourself and turning toward the thing that scares you, whether it's your leg or your friends or the guy who could break your heart again. It is opening your eyes and staring that fear down."


No comments:

Post a Comment