Thursday, August 24, 2017

Book Nook

Hey guys new book!! Get excited! This one is called "The Seven Ways We Lie" by Riley Redgate. This book title caught my eye as I was casually shopping in Barnes and Noble, as one does. I loved the title and the cover and how it related to the 7 deadly sins.

This book is in 7 different perspectives, which usually confuses me, but this time it was perfect. The concept of this book was so interesting that when I started reading it I wanted to guess which of the seven sins each character embodied the most. This is what I came up with:
Olivia: greed
Juniper: lust
Claire: envy
Kat: wrath
Matt: sloth
Valentine: pride
Lucas: gluttony

If you end up reading the book, let me know if you thought differently.

This book is based in high school and follows the individual and cohesive stories of the 7 characters. They each have their own problems, but somehow they all seem to mesh together as well. It is a great book with an intriguing story line. I also loved how there were so many main characters, because each had their own unique take on their own problems and the larger issue of the novel. I loved it, it kept it interesting.

I would say you should give this book a try I loved the ending and everything in between.

Favorite Character: I have a few. I loved Olivia because I feel like I related to her the most. She felt lost and confused sometimes, but she always held herself together. I also loooooved Matt. He may have acted on the outside like he couldn't care less, but on the inside he had a huge heart.

Favorite Quotes: "I'm home, I say, more a defense than an annoucement -- because this place is not home anymore."

"Teenage years are the best years of our lives. They keep saying that. I don't know, though. I keep grasping for people, hunting for them. I take people and I write down, and I think about the ones I want to keep. And sometimes I find people, and I wonder - I don't know. I wonder, are these really the  best people we are going to be?"

"You don't have to worry for the rest of the world. The world will do its own worrying."

"They all pass in the hallways, smiling or blank-looking, preoccupied with their phones or laughing with their friends. It occurs to me how rarely people see each other afraid."

"Heartbreak reduces you to what a million other people have suffered a million times before."

"I don''t know, but just because you can't fix everything, that doesn't mean you shouldn't give a shit, and it sure doesn't mean you shouldn't try."


No comments:

Post a Comment