Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Book Nook + Cool Experience

Hello y'all today's blog is not going to be a regular book review. This time I met the author and that experience will be told in this post! Get pumped my little page turners!! Today's book is "It Gets Worse" by comedian, youtuber, all around hilarious human Shane Dawson. Yes I met him. 

First of all the book is amazing. It's funny and cute and makes you feel good about yourself, which I think Shane was going for. If you have never heard of Shane you must live around a giant rock because he is a BIG deal. He has been a youtube for over 5 years (not sure exact number) and he has written 2 books, this one being his second. "It Gets Worse" is a series of essays about his life and funny or tragic real life stories he has gone through. Honestly, his life has been rough but also not gonna lie some hilarious, whacky stuff has happened to him! It made a great sequel though.

Overall, the book was amazing It definitely deserved the New York Bestsellers title If i do say so myself. Now before I tell you some of my favorite quotes from the book, I will tell you about my Meet and Great experience with Shane:

I met Shane on July 25 of this year with my friend Rachel. Her and I are big fans of him and so we bought tickets and drove 2 hours to Cincinnati Ohio to see him for about 5 seconds. We pulled up to the bookstore at around 3 o clock and the meet and great didn't start till 7. So we found our spot by the outlet and awaited our king to arrive. Between the hours of 3 and 7 we did things such as, complain, snooze, read, painting our nails, and contemplating on buying everything around us. Anyways, once the wait was over we were in group L. We got in line around 7:45 and the line ZOOMED by. Rachel made me go first because she hates me. So when I got up there heres what happend per by memory:
Shane: Hi!
*me stands like an idiot* me: are you real??
Shane: *laughs*
Me: Hi i love you! *while hugging each other 
Shane: love you too! 
Me: lets take a cool pic! 
Shane: what should we do?
Me: you pick!
Shane: oh no girl Im out!!
Me *laughs and turns and just makes a move and he follows*
Shane: thanks! 
Me: thanks!

And that's my 10 second conversation with youtube sensation Shane Dawson. It was absolutely amazing and even though it was about 10 seconds it was the best 10 mississipis of my life. After that we left and searched for our pictures and held our precious signed books in our hands. We eventually went home and slept but meeting him was a solid time. Would totally do it over :) By the way I forgot I ate a jolly rancher earlier so you can see my blue tongue in the picture, greaaat. 

Also here is a link to the vlog I made while it happened: CLICK HERE

Favorite Quotes: "So yes, it gets worse, but you know what gets better? Your tolerance for bullshit."

"It's funny how fast money can change you, even when it's invisible."

"Because that's what love is: no judgement."




No comments:

Post a Comment