Sunday, August 28, 2016

Book Nook

Guys this book I finished is so good. It is definitely on my list of favorite books. It is "Delirium" by Lauren Oliver. Oliver is a genius writer let me tell you. 

This book is about love being a disease and that this whole society they live in needs to be cured from it. It is such an interesting topic that I loved very much. I recommend 10 times over again. I think you all would enjoy the novel very much. 
I really like the part where love is something bad but in reality it's something everyone needs in life to survive. 

Favorite character: ALEX! Because he is rebellious, a believer, and loveable. I enjoy his character and what he represents. He is a hero in this novel. I love him. 

This book had a lot of good quotes be prepared: 

Favorite quotes: "Hearts are fragile things. That's why you have to be so careful."

"Every choice is limited, that's life."

"If you don't look too closely, it's all right, but start focusing and all smudges and mistakes become really obvious." 

"Someday, even this pain will be taken away." 

"A world without fear. Impossible."

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me - such bullshit." 

"Everyone is asleep. They've been asleep for years. You seemed ..... awake." 

"But it does not tell you this: that love will turn the whole world into something greater than itself." 

"What's poetry? Ive never heard the word before, but I like the sound of it. It sounds elegant and easy, somehow, like a beautiful woman turning in a long dress."

"Love: a single word, a wispy thing, a word no bigger or longer than an edge. That's what it is: an edge; a razor. It draws up through the center of your life, cutting everything in two. Before and after. The rest of the world falls away on either side. Before and after - and during, a moment no bigger or longer than an edge." 

"-- life, the relentless mechanism of existing- isn't about you." 

"I know that life isn't life if you just float through it. I know that the whole point -the only point- is to find the things that matter, and hold on to them, and fight for them, and refuse to let them go."

"I'd rather die on my own terms than live on theirs." 


No comments:

Post a Comment