Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Panic ¡!!¡! (Whatcha reading?)

Todays book is quite an exciting one. It is full of suspense, love, fear, pain, and panic ;) hence the name of the book is called "Panic" by Lauren Oliver. I am in love with this novel. I'm so happy I got this book from my sister at Christmas or I would've been missing out. This book is about a game called Panic. It isn't like the hunger games or divergent, but it's about high school students who join this game after they graduate. There is a pot at the end in which the winner gets and this year it was $67,000. Heather, Nat, Dogde, and Bishop go through the game with challenges, twists, and turns. 

This book honestly kept me on my toes. I couldn't and wouldn't stop reading, especially towards the end where the chapters and situations got more intense and challenging. I recommend this to ANYONE!! If you are in the market for a good book, this is it. I loved it and it would definetly something I would read again! Happy reading everyone :) Leave recommendations below¡!

Favorite quotes: "Run until I burst. Build miles and miles and miles between me and Carp. Leave the old heather behind; burn her to dust."

"No one had ever told her this basic fact: not everyone got to be loved. It was like those stupid bell curves they'd had to study in math class. There was the big, swollen, happy middle, a whale hump full of blissful couples and families eating around a big dining room table and laughing. And then, at the tapered ends, there were the abnormal people, the weirdos and freaks and zeros like her."

"I'm scared all the time, she whispered."

"The promise was always in the possibility." 

"The bravery was in moving forward, no matter what. Someday, she might be called on to jump again. And she would do it. She knew, now, that there was always light-- beyond the dark, and the fear, out of the depths; there was sun to reach for, and air and space and freedom. There was always a way up, and out, and no need to be afraid."


No comments:

Post a Comment