Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Book Nook

This book review is brought to you by a lovely red head with a alcoholic themed show. Yep, you guessed it, this book is "I've Got This Round" by Mamrie Hart. Mamrie is a youtuber and comedian who does a show called you deserve a drink. She makes puns and drinks because she is one hilarious and 2 she loves to drink. Now she does it for a job!

I read Mamries first book that had me rolling from laughter. She talks about her mishaps and shenanigans of her and her friends. It is quite a crazy roller coaster. That is how book 2 is as well. It is full of more stories and tales of debauchery. It is quite fabulous.

The stories that she tells make me laugh, smile, empathize, and get down right envious! She gets to travel the world, drink, and attend the craziest shit. I truly wish I lived her life. For example, she talks about going to a murder mystery party cruise and I was like hold the phone, where do I sign up?!?! Also, she talks about doing very spontaneous things and I wish I would do that, but I guess I have to stay in school.

Overall, this book was funny all the way from the first to the last page. It was full of classic Mamrie puns and it left me wanting more. WOW WHAT A BOOK. It is hard to review because I don't want to give any spoilers away about any story. Therefore, you should definitely go and pick it up anywhere books are found. Also watch her new youtube show with Grace Helbig (another fav of mine) called This Might Get. It is quite the comedy show <3

Favorite quotes: "If there's anything that I've learned in my time on this planet, it's that there is nothing more sacred or more important than your female friendships."

"Some people think in a relationship that 'honesty is the best policy,' but I honestly think the best policy is 'a little lie can keep it fly'... never said that in my life, but consider it trademarked!"

"Go find reasons to say 'This is my life now.' I promise, it'll be worth it."

"Everybody needs to take those little moments when they come and not let them be tainted by the greater problems."


No comments:

Post a Comment