Saturday, May 13, 2017

Book Nook

GUYS I AM SO SORRY I HAVE BEEN MIA! I just finished my first year of college and I am settling into the summer. BUT HERE I AM, BACK and with a new book.

I have finally finished the final book in "The Dorothy Must Die" series, "The End of Oz." The story of Amy Gumm has finally come to an end. This book took me forever to read, but it wasn't because it was bad, I just didnt have time.

This final book had an intense ending! It was crazy and a good way to end the series. At the end I verbally said aloud, to myself, "WHAT IS HAPPENING?" It was insane, but it kinda left it open ended. Then BAM there was an epilogue in this version, which threw me for a loop!

PLEASE please please go pick up this series. It is such a interesting take on the classic wizard of oz and it'll keep you guessing for sure!

Favorite Quotes: "One good thing doesn't erase all the bad."

"My only love sprung from my only hate. You had to feel strongly enough about someone in the first place to hate them."

"If being in love felt like this all the time, then being in love kind of sucked."

"But if there was one thing I'd learned the hard way in Oz, knowing the truth was always better than being in the dark."

"But as you are learning my dear, we must come to terms with the wounds of our past if we are to survive the future."

"Power will always corrupt those who have not learned to serve it properly. What is happening now has happened before, and what has happened before will happen again."

"But knowing and doing are two different things."


No comments:

Post a Comment