Monday, September 14, 2015

Turn the Page!

HEY GUYS IM FLIPPING OUT!

So for this book review i was suggested this book by my fellow reader friend Kevin. It is called "Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe" by Benjamin Alire Saenz. I didnt expect the ending of this book and it is driving me crazy. You have to go and read this book.

Its a very unique story that i never really expected. I couldnt really tell anything about this book from the title either, the only information i got about is how my friend summarized it for me. I really enjoyed reading it and kinda figuring out as i went along. Especially, the characters, they were portrayed in such a different way and i really liked it.

FAVORITE CHARACTER: Honestly, it was hard to pick a favorite character because they were written in such a different way. If i had to choose. i would pick Dante. Dante just acted in a way i preferred over Ari. Ari reminds me a lot of myself and thats why i think i didnt like him that much.

Prepare for a lot of quotes, the book was filled with some good ones :)

Favorite Quotes: "I had a feeling there was something wrong with me. I guess i was a mystery even to myself."

"It was better to be alone and miserable. It was better to drown."

"I got to thinking that poems were like people. Some people you got right off the bat. Some people you just didnt get-- and never would get."

"Words were different when they lived inside of you."

"Through the telescope, the world was closer and larget than i'd ever imagined. And it was all so beautiful and overwhelming and -- i dont know -- it made me aware that there was something inside of me that mattered."

"Maybe a part of you died when you were sick."

"I wondered how that felt, to really like yourself. And i wondered why some people didnt like themselves and others did. Maybe thats just the way it was."

"But the worst part was that those words were living inside me. And they were leaking out of me. Words were not things you could control. Not always."

"What ever happened to reading a book because you liked it?"

"I have this idea that the reason we have dreams is that were thinking about things that we dont know were thinking about -- and those things,well, they sneak out of us in our dreams."

"I wont waste good paper on theories that i come up with when i cant sleep at night."

"Busy doesnt mean happy. I know that. But at least im not bored. Being bored is the worst."

"Maybe mom and dads forgot about this one small fact: being on the verge of seventeen could be harsh and painful and confusing. Being on the verge of seventeen could really suck."

"Senior year. And then life. Maybe thats the way it worked. High school was just a prologue to the real novel. Everybody got to write you -- but when you graduated, you got to write yourself. At graduation you got to collect your teachers pens and your parents pens and you got your own pen. And you could do all the writing. Yeah. Wouldnt that be sweet?"



No comments:

Post a Comment