Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Whatcha Reading?

I'm Hello lovelies :) For these posts I'll be reviewing books that I have just finished and I believe are worth sharing with you guys! If you are interested in romance novels and mysteries and plot twists, then stick around cause I'm reading some juicy books soon.
Alougth the very first book I'll be reviewing is an oldie, "My Sisters Keeper" by Julia Picoult.
This story is about a young girl, Kate, who is diagnosed with leukima and has a genetically modified sister, Anna, to donate platelets, bone marrow, etc and organs for her. Throughout the whole book anna wants medical empacipation from her sister, so she will not have to give up her kindey.
This book has become one of my favorites. My English teacher recommended it to me and I recommend it to everyone out there. If you love plot twists and suspense I would go for this book. Throughout the whole book you expect one thing, but another thing happens. Also the characters are very relatable not physically, but mentally and emotionally. For example Jesse is the eldest brother of the two sisters. Sometimes he feels left out or not as important because the parents are dealing with a sick daughter and a defiant other one. I can relate to him the most, sometimes being the youngest child you feel not as important (sometimes not all the time mom;)). Everyone feels that way at a point and what the author does is make it relatable in ways that I wouldn't have expected. If you want to find what happens to anna and her sister pick up this book at your nearest library and let me know what you guys think! Now it's time to turn the page and start a new book. Happy reading everyone!! :)

Here are some of my favorite quotes from the novel...





No comments:

Post a Comment