Friday, August 24, 2018

Book Nook

Yes, two book reviews in one day. It is because I have read, but I haven't blogged. This other book is called, "Empty" by K.M. Walton. This book is very sad and depressing. If you are triggered by bullying and suicidal thoughts this isn't the book for you.

This book is a quick read I picked one day because the story was about a girl who wanted to disappear. Adele felt lonely and insecure. She is an overweight teen in high school that constantly gets bullied. She has to deal with hurt at school and hurt at home. Her dad isn't there for her and her mom pops pills. Her life ain't easy.

I'm not going to lie because this reviews are meant to speak my truth. This book was overwhelming. It was super sad. Although, it was quick, easy read, it didn't mean that it was easy to read. Adele was falling apart every single page. The deeper you get into the novel, the less fun I am having. I didn't know how sad it was going to be. However, I understood why the story was told. People HAVE TO stop bullying others. It doesn't help and it hurts. STOP.

It definitely wasn't my favorite book I've read, but I didn't dislike it. I do think that it was a little more sad then I would like, but it wasn't bad. The writing was good, the story was fine, but the overall feel was upsetting.

Because of the theme of this book I don't really have a favorite character or any quotes. I couldn't find any.


No comments:

Post a Comment