Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Book Nook

Hey guys new book!!!! THIS ONE IS CRAZY. This is a book that is part of a giant series, the fifth wave. It is the final book to the series, "The Last Star" by Rick Yancey. When I tell you guys that I cried at the end of the book I'm not lying.

This book was non stop action. It took me forever to pick this book up to actually finish the series, mostly because I didn't want the series to end. Also because the beginning is slow, not gonna lie. But once it gets into the book IT IS SO GOOD. I swear I would at least read 50+ pages whenever I picked it up. Once I got to the end it was already midnight, but I didn't want to go to bed till I finished the whole thing.

I got so sad at the end though because of the death of a specific character. I won't tell you, but I was so sad and disappointed that they didn't survive. Overall, the book was fantastic. The book did such a good job on ending the series even if I wasn't the happiest with it. I loved how they were so many perspectives throughout the book because it lets you in on how everyone feels throughout the events.

You guys please go pick up this book. The series is very good and you won't be disappointed. But WARNING I recommend reading the series right in a row instead of waiting to read each book because that is what I did and I kinda forgot things that happened in the previous books. BUT ANYWAY READ IT!

Favorite Character: I have a love/hate relationship with all of the characters because they all are amazing but they sometimes do the dumbest shit!!!!!! If I had to pick I would pick Cassie because I see a lot of myself in her.

Favorite Quotes: "Without fear, life would not exist."

"The answer to the human problem is the death of what makes us human."

"Cogito ergo sum. More than the sum of our experiences, our memories are the ultimate proof of reality."

"Before I became Zombie, that meant prom and cramming for finals and the nervous chatter in the hallways between classes because graduation was coming, a different kind of apocalyptic event after which nothing would ever be the same."

"You know you've reached a very sad place when the only person who can make you laugh is yourself."

"...but you never lose those who love you, because love is a constant; love endures."

"Lying is like murder -- after the first one, each one that follows is easier."

"We bear the unbearable. We endure the unendurable. We do what must be done until we ourselves are undone."

"Love blinds more than it reveals."

"You can't mourn what you never had."

"Why must I always be the isle of crazy alone in an ocean of sensibility."

"We cannot love what we do not remember."

"So there you go. You can love the good in us and hate the bad, but the bad is in us, too. Without it, we wouldn't be us."

"For any of this shit to mean anything, you gotta live long enough for your death to matter."

"Because the universe has no limits, but life does."

"He had believed all their lies but he knew the only truth that matters. The one truth that mattered before they came, when they came, after they came. They had no answer for love."

"Love is forever. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be love. The world is beautiful. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be the world."

"To live is to risk your life, your heart, everything."

"Pain is necessary. Pain is life. Without pain, there can be no joy."

Sorry for all the quotes but it was just such a good book.
READ IT. xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment